Summer Updates and Exciting News for Fall
This summer, we have been hard at work getting ready for everyone to return in the fall. We have been horse showing, breaking in our new staff members, and playing around with our fun new horses. Introducing the new (and some old) editions of the MUET Family.
We have a couple of new horses that have joined us and we are excited for you to meet them.
- Charlie is a 12 year old Wurttenburg gelding that previously showed in the performance hunters and junior hunters. He has a sweet personality and is very comfortable to ride.
- Hannibal is a 15 year old Wesphalian gelding that has shown third level dressage and schools fourth level. He is a big guy and knows his job, he is ready to show you the ropes. The dressage riders here for the summer are having a blast playing with all of his big boy buttons, doing changes and half-pass like pros.
- Danny is also back in work, Lindsey was able to further develop him and he is ready to begin his work as a part of the western team.
We are also excited to announce our staff members for the upcoming year. We would like to welcome Amanda Wasser, Megan Perry, and Courtney Previte as interns for the upcoming school year.
- Amanda Wasser is a 2014 graduate of Miami and joins us as a previous student lead staff member. Amanda has instructed the KNH classes as well worked our summer camp programming for the last three years.
- Megan Perry is a 2015 graduate of Miami and joins us having ridden both on the hunt seat and western teams, with numerous showings at regionals and semi finals. She is the current OQHA queen and has been training and working with clients and bringing along young horses.
- Courtney Previte is 2014 graduate of The University of Findlay with her equine science degree and emphasis in dressage. She stayed on as a graduate assistant and taught both the hunt seat and dressage students. She is pursuing her bronze medal and working with her own horses.
We would also like to welcome Jennifer Grant and Skip Thornbury as they will be assisting the teams throughout the year.
- Jennifer Grant is a USDF Certified Instructor, Silver and Bronze Medalist and “L” Program Graduate. She has been training horses and teaching riders professionally since 1988. Her early experience includes imprinting foals, starting youngsters under saddle, versatility competitions, mounted police training and natural horsemanship. Since 1999, Jennifer has been dedicated to developing dressage horses, ponies and riders from beginners through the FEI levels. Jennifer has been a working student for Pam Goodrich and has also ridden with Jane Savoie, Lendon Gray, Courtney King-Dye, Michael Barisone, Maryal Barnett, Steffen Peters and Lilo Fore. Competitive successes have included top rankings in USDF Horse of the Year and Regional Championships. Her philosophy is informed by classical principles and anchored in the reality of the unique needs of each individual horse and rider.
- Skip Thornbury is the owner and trainer at Equisports LLC in Goshen, Ohio. Skip along with his wife Anne have had numerous USEF national and regional award winners. In addition to being a successful trainer Skip has been an USEF “R” licensed judge since 1984. He has officiated in the Hunter, Jumper, Equitation and Hunter Breeding divisions at shows including the “Oaks” in San Juan Capistrano, CA., Menlo, Kentucky Spring Horse Shows, Washington International Horse Show, Caledon Equestrian Park in Canada, Gulfport Winter Classic, Winter Equestrian Festival, Devon, 2013 Region 4 ” Midwest” ASPCA/NHSAA Maclay Regional Finals and numerous other shows in North America.
We can’t wait for all of our talented riders to return to Oxford. Keep checking the blog for more horse show results and updates coming into fall semester.